Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Prescription for Fresh Air and Exercise

Because it’s such a beautiful day outside (and I’m stuck inside), I thought I would write a little bit about getting some exercise and fresh air, simultaneously, of course. On days like today, there is absolutely no excuse for anyone to be indoors unless they have to be. Sadly, many of us have jobs and must be tied to a computer (almost literally). Or, maybe you attend classes at a local college and you’re stuck in a stuffy classroom right now. Someone’s got to do it, right? We can’t all go to Kaplan University. Or, can we? I don’t know. I just know I’m going stir crazy right now.

I actually shouldn’t complain too much because I take my laptop outside and work all the time. I’m pretty lucky in that way. I just setup a table outside and get to work. Except when I have to charge my battery (like now). It can be a little hard to see the screen when I sit in the sun, but that’s a small price to pay.

Anyway, I’ve been kind of shrugging off exercise lately, which I know is really terrible. I just haven’t been in the mood, I guess. Fortunately, I’m getting back into the swing of things. Yesterday, I actually wanted to go to the gym for the first time in ages.

But, the gym isn’t my first choice for exercise spots. I’ve got a really cool mountain nearby that I love to hike up on days like today. Believe me, it’s a steep hike, but the payoff is worthwhile: The view is nothing short of amazing (see above pic). Plus, it’s so peaceful up there.

But, you don’t need an awesome mountain with a hiking trail to get exercise outside. You can go for a walk, jog, run or bike ride. Oh, and that reminds me: there’s also a walking/biking trail around here that is top-notch. Can you tell I’m longing to go outside and get some exercise? It’s okay; my day will come very soon.

In the meantime, would you do me a favor and get out there and get some exercise for me? It’ll make me feel a little better, and I know it’ll make you feel a lot better. The fresh air will do you good.

No comments:

Post a Comment